Custom Search
Search & Win

Monday, March 16, 2009

Simple Vacation Tips

Somethings I did during my vacation that I thought would be helpful:

- Snag all those free shampoo/lotions they give you at all the hotels since they're rarely a type that I like so I dump them out (or use them to replace shaving cream) and then I refill them with my own products. Saved me ton's of money on "travel sizes". Also refill them immediately when you get home from your trip and place them all in a ziploc bag and into your overnight bag. This way you always have a ready "overnight" bag, and you don't have to remember what you need to pack the next time.

- Definitely use a ziplog bag - just in case things spill. I will usually put like uses in smaller ziplocs and then place them all into a larger one in my suitcase. Double coverage that way, plus it's easy to pull out the shower items when you are ready to shower, etc.

- Call ahead and make sure the pool is open at the place you are visiting. There is nothing worse than disappointed kids because the pool isn't open. You know that is the one thing they look forward to the most.

- For longer trips I usually pack 2 or 3 garbage bags for dirty clothes. I separate colors into the different bags before they are put back in the suitcase so that when I get home and I'm exhausted it is easier to just dump a bag in the washer and not have to worry about sorting them out. Plus this way it is easier to keep track of what is dirty or clean in your suitcase and eliminate washing the clean stuff too.

No comments:

Post a Comment