Custom Search
Search & Win

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Dinner was a flop

So last night's dinner was a flop. I tried to use up some things I had in the fridge and I ran across a recipe - well not really a recipe more like basic instructions for a quick dinner idea. I had the meatballs (the premade ones from the freezer) and crescent rolls, and some marinara sauce which were all that was required.

Basically I wrapped up the meatballs in the crescents and made a little "roll". Baked it according to the roll instructions and then served it with the marinara to dip it into. They weren't the most horrible things on the planet, but they were flavorless, boring and even my son didn't care for them. He's a human garbage disposal so that was a shocker. And grandpa didn't want any seconds - which is a surefire way to know if what I cooked was decent or not.

So that recipe will definitely be scratched off the list of "easy things to make for dinner" unless I can come up with a way to make them better tasting. Any thoughts on how to make it better tasting? I thought about stuffing some cheese in them too, but figured that would end up being super messy to try and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment